Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm back at Calarts!

Well I've been back for a little while now but i haven't updated since then.

We had a guest speaker on Friday. Mark Osborn, one of the directors of Kung Fu Panda, delivered one of the most useful lectures we've had so far. Mark comes from a largly independent animation background. He gave us an idea about what it's like working indipendently. He did a lot of independent stop motion before he did Kung Fu panda. He did one thing that the other lecturers did not do, he showed us how he got to were he was. He showed us his first animation, his student film Greener, and his film he did while he was a teacher at Calarts called More. It was very cool.

Second order of buisness! I am in the Character animation show at Calarts! So if your in the area stop by and see all the cool art. Here is my set up:

2 comments:

SirGecko said...

First of all, I like the new header.

Second, on the speaker: so he worked indipendently huh? Is that anything like working independently? You really need to get spell check in your browser. Do you not use firefox?

Third: can you elaborate on the show? I see you have a bunch of stuff that you did in cardboard up there. What's the selection process like for the show? What were some other people's setups?

cheesecows666 said...

SOOOOOOOOO ill.

So what if I've known you forever. So what if I have a 1 of a kind original done by you.

If I was there, I would totally get your autograph.

And promptly sell it on Ebay.

-Abe

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart