Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I can't believe i forgot to talk about Mandrews!


Last week (err...2 weeks?) Mark andrews came and did a guest lecture at calarts again. Though this was not your typical Mark Andrews lecture. Instead of getting up and talking about concepts of story telling or triangles, he got up and he boarded right in front of us for 3 hours! Now this may sound boring but he held my attention the whole time and i never fell asleep. We were free to ask questions as he boarded, and he would talk us through what he was thinking about for the scene as he put it down on paper. The lecture was really great and it was reasuring to see Mark was drawing just as rough as i was. Go Story!!

No comments:

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart