Monday, June 2, 2008


I’ve come to a realization

So over the course of these past few weeks I’ve been thinking a lot about my relationships with other people. And I must say I’ve been doing a lousy job. I really on others for social interactions and don’t take any initiative on my own part for socialization. I put some of the blame on the fact that I’m a sloppy, lazy, workaholic, and that this combination has put me in a place where I have created this illusion of being to busy for stuff. The status of my room is the prime example of how this combination of character traits is taking over my life. The only time I would see most of my friends was during school or at youth group, and now going off to college I will have neither of those to use as an excuse to see the people I care about. Yes, “that I care about”. I don’t seem to be doing a good job of showing it. I don’t want to be remembered as some guy you knew but as a good friend. So I intend to change this and be more evangelical with how I treat my relationships with people. I need to be an instigator of change rather than waiting for change to happen. The first change I’m going to make is getting this room clean. My room seems to be one of these things that are holding me back. The clutter and mess has been holding me captive from getting anything done, and it is this that is making me feel as though I am in a constant state of “needing to get stuff done”. If you are reading this on my blog than you can see the state it is currently in. VERY VERY MESSY. So before I get to working on my video I will clean this room.
Second thing to get done on my to do’s: the Mission Trip Video
Third thing: Go to Indian Jones with Doug and Maggie (or mabey wall e (is that out now… I think it is)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,

I am a painter from Lyon, France!

Take a look at my blog!

http://davidthevenetloug.blogspot.com

A bientôt!

David

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart