Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's been a why since i last posted. I've been working on a lot of different things all at once! Trying to get scholarships to gather and internships and trying to finish a film. AHHHHH!!
This was the character design assignment from last week. We had to have a kid in 1958 turning on a tv and something comes out of the screen to scare him. I looked up the tv shows that were on at the time, and i saw Alfred Hitchcock was on and i couldn't think of anything scarier then him floating out of my tv.
This was this week's character design assignment. We had to redesign Silver from Treasure planet and his sidekick.
This one was my favorite of all of the passes i did on it. I figured the stove would be french and uptight to contrast Silver's hearty pirate personality.


Assignment: A scene with three characters at a carnival ring toss.

Story assignment: Have your character go through a gate but stretch the timing out over the course of 50 panels or more.



No comments:

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart