Sunday, February 7, 2010

One Day Sculpture

We tried something new in sculpture class this week and made sculptures using Wed Clay. Wed clay was the stuff i used when i was in elementary and middle school and so it was very cool to go back to it. The Last stuff i remember sculpting with it was a ceramic pot and some pieces for the nativity scene at my house. Wed clay is usually finished by putting it in a kiln but can also air dry so you need to get out your idea pretty fast. We did these sculptures in one class session and it was really fun. The clay was great to work with and really allowed us to get organic forms. I'm really happy with the way the anatomy turned out! And my mom (a prof in anatomy at UNM) thought it was really good too, but she also now thinks i'm possessed by a demon myself, because of the character i made. Come on mom it's just a sculpture!













No comments:

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart