Sunday, September 28, 2008

First visiting artist


Friday we had our first guest lecturer Ben Balistreri. This guy is a calarts alum and did a lot of character and storyboard work on Danny Phantom and Foster's home for imaginary friends. It was really cool! He gave us tips on how to do character turns, how to ink, and how to do story boards. In addition to his animation career he also has recently released a graphic novel called Seaweed, about a pelican who can't fly, that solves mysteries.]


He drew me this in my sketch book

O yeah and here is an update on my cube!

No comments:

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart