Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I really like jeffrey lewis's music. Whenever i get a bad critique or an i don't get it response to my art i like to listen to his music, this song specifically:



Anyway i got some good news! I won an online film festival. Ho ho Homicide held a contest for indie film makers and i was a winner in the under 5 min category with Fast Food Shorts!!!! I don't think i get any money or anything like that but i will get placed in the bonus features section of Ho Ho Homicide, and i think i get a copy of the DVD (Mabey). Any way this is great because i'll get some free exposure if the dvd does relatively well.

3 comments:

Evan said...

Wow, Tman, that is fantastic! Let us know the details when you know them... remember, I only need a small bungalow on the back of your property!

SirGecko said...

You win something and I learn about it through a blog post? Dude! How awesome! (that you won) You need to tell me these things! How can I live vicariously through you if you don't keep me updated?

Kyle said...

Thats awesome you got into a film festival! Like amazing.

And that music video reminds me of Kimya Dawson which I can only stomach in 3 minute increments.

What I wish someone had told me before I came to Calarts

  • Get a coffee maker of some kind
  • For your first year don't worry about making a GREAT film. Just make a film.
  • Sketch
  • Make a portfolio, portfolio
  • Don't pull the "all-nighter" just to pull the "all-nighter"
  • Schedule in Breaks
  • Take an english 101 class
  • To get anything done with administration you need to ask more than three times.

My Deviantart

What i like on deviantart